Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A first after all these years...

Here I am at 31 years of age, and I've never been out with just ladies.  My hubby was amazed that this was not a common thing growing up.  I had to explain that any time I went out there were always boys mixed in the group.  It's strange to look back now and realize how much I missed.  Last night, I went to my first ladies night.  It was part of our community group that we started attending last month so I was excited to get to know them better.  Maybe it would have been different back in school, but one can only guess at this point.  I laughed to the point of tears and loved every minute.  It was nice to see how open everyone was about sharing life's ups and downs.  I haven't found a group of genuine people like that...ever!  No one was trying to be perfect or express how life was just exactly as they had planned all along.  If anything I understood just how much I've missed over these years. 



No comments:

Post a Comment